The Royal Mile: Edinburgh, July 31, 2004

Previous Home Next

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

iP7310072

St. Giles Cathedral, also known as the High Kirk of Edinburgh, marks the middle of the Royal Mile. For centuries, this Scottish Presbyterian church has been the site of a series of religious reforms. The statue in the foreground is of John Knox, who was a minister of the cathedral from 1560 to 1572.